This really is the best ever Brussels sprouts recipe, both because it is delicious (yes, I just said Brussels sprouts are delicious), and because it is so very simple.
Here’s the secret.
Do you see those dark bits in the picture? Those ones that have you thinking, “Oh man, she burned them!”
Those bits are the best.
Those bits have the maximum amount of caramelization, and are my absolute favorite! They are sweet and have a bit of a crunch, and they are oh so yummy. If you are scared of Brussels sprouts, this is the recipe to convert you and make you a fan. The bit of honey you add at the end gives it the perfect amount of sweetness.
This makes an awesome side dish to go with almost anything, but my favorite is with Pork Chops with Mustard Cream sauce.
I love making these in my trusty cast iron skillet, it is the best tool for the job. Well, for any job, really! Mine is just like this one right here.
Pin this recipe for later, give it a try, and let me know what you think!
Are you a Brussels sprouts fan?
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, the ends trimmed off and then halved
- ½ tsp salt
- 14-16 grinds fresh black pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil, Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper.
- Cook until the Brussels sprouts start to caramelize and turn brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in honey and cook for about another minute, then serve.