This is the best recipe for stir fry!
I might be a little biased, but I really do think this is the very best recipe for stir fry. It simply checks all the right boxes:
- Super fast to make – 15-20 minutes is all!
- You can use anything you have on hand, so this is a great way to clean out the fridge. Swap out the chicken for beef or pork, and use whatever veggies you have on hand, even things that are starting to look a little droopy.
- It’s an awesome way to pack in tons and tons of veggies, hooray for healthy!
- Yum. Just yum.
For veggie options, I have listed our favorites in the recipe below, but the options are truly endless! You could use pea pods, bell peppers, bok choy, summer squashes like zucchini and yellow squash, and really anything you can imagine. I recommend checking out your fridge and freezer before hitting the store, you probably have something there that is begging to be used.
The veggies that you should make sure to always include are the onion and garlic. They are your aromatics, and they add so much great flavor!
- Most grocery stores will have pre-cut veggies for stir fry all ready to go. Use those to make life even easier when you don’t want to prep your own.
- If all your meat is frozen, that’s ok! Frozen meat is easy to slice very thinly, and then it will cook very quickly.
- You can prep everything ahead of time, even up to a few days in advance, making this already fast recipe even faster.
- Use a really big pan to cook this in! Once you pile all the veggies in there you’ll be glad you have the space. You can use any large pan to cook this in, but we love using our traditional wok. Woks were created exactly for this type of cooking and do a better job of holding the massive pile of veggies! This is the one that we have and love (affiliate link).
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my Chicken Fried Rice recipe. Click here to check it out!
Do you want more healthy living tips, recipes, meal plans, and a great community of like-minded friends for support? Consider this your invitation to join my free, private Health by Emily Community! Click this link and request to join, you will love it!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces or strips
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and cut on a bias
- 3 bunches of broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp flour (can use arrowroot powder for gluten-free)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- Cooked brown rice or cauliflower rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan on the stove. Dredge the chicken in the cornstarch and cook in the oil until done. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook onion until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining veggies and saute until cooked but still crisp.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables. Stir and cook for about 1 minute, then add chicken broth. Cook until the sauce begins to thicken, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut aminos and Chinese Five Spice and return the chicken to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Serve over cooked rice and enjoy!