This is the perfect thing to do when you have leftovers in the fridge that need to get used. All you really need is leftover brown rice, some form of protein and whatever veggies you have on hand, and in about 15 minutes you have a delicious, healthy meal. That’s faster than fast food or pizza delivery, and you get to clean your fridge out at the same time!
This is the recipe for what I did the last time I made this, but you can use whatever meat you want, or you can throw in a couple of eggs when you add the rice as a yummy substitute for the meat. The veggies can be swapped out depending on what you have on hand, too. Broccoli would be great in here, or green or red peppers, so many options!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 carrots, diced
- 1 medium to large head of bok choy, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup peas
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- Saute onions and carrots in olive oil until the onions are nearly translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add bok choy and saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. You can add more olive oil if your pan gets too dry.
- Saute until all ingredients are warmed through, stirring frequently.
- Serve while still hot.