Has this winter been hard for anyone else?
For me, this winter has lasted at least 300 years, and just when I feel like the end is in sight, we are dumped with another couple of feet of snow. The darkness and the cold this time of year seems to seep
Do you ever feel this way?
Thankfully there are lots of things you can do to combat the winter blues!
- Make sure to get in your workouts every day. Our bodies are meant to move, even in the darkness of winter! It is more difficult to get outside for activities in the winter, but thankfully there is plenty to do indoors. Joining a local gym is a great option, and you can find more exercise routines
thanyou could do in your lifetime on Youtube.
- Focus on lots of great nutrition. One super simple way to get in half of your day’s fruits and veggies is with Balance the Superfood Shot by LifeEquals. Give them a try by clicking here, and enter the code ALL50 at checkout for half off your first subscription order.
- For most people, their vitamin D gets lower in the winter, which makes a lot of sense considering how little sunlight we get. You may want to get your level checked through your doctor and consider supplementation.
- I’m convinced that Epsom salt baths cure almost anything, so why not get a good soak a couple of times a week? Add a cup or two of Epsom salts to your bath water, along with some relaxing essential oils.
- Get outside, even in the cold weather. An afternoon walk in the fresh air can do wonders for your mood.
- Listen to upbeat music. Music affects mood dramatically, and blasting your favorite upbeat song can change the entire course of the day. What is your favorite happy song? Drop it in the comments below, I’d love to go take a listen!
- One of my favorite parts of spring and summer is time spent in the garden, so I’ve also been thumbing through seed catalogs, planning out this year’s garden, and starting some seeds. Try finding your own way to dig a little in the dirt and take advantage of connecting to nature.
Now I’d like to hear from you, what do you do to get rid of the winter blues?