March Mondays Monthly Challenge
Cutting Processed Foods
Week One’s Mini Challenge
Week one’s addition to your morning routine is a very simple one, drink a glass of warm lemon water first thing.
Grab your favorite mug, add some warm water and squeeze in half a lemon, then enjoy! Drinking warm lemon water in the morning has so many benefits:
- Hydrates the body – so important first thing in the morning when you haven’t been drinking all night!
- Aids digestion – gets your system started and ready for your food for the day.
- Immunity boost – the vitamin C from the lemons is absorbed more readily on an empty stomach.
- Toxin flush – warm lemon water can help your liver work more efficiently.
- Boosts metabolism – let’s get that metabolism going, yeah!
I suggest drinking this with a reusable straw (like this one) to protect your teeth as the acid can be difficult on your enamel.
What if you can’t tolerate warm lemon water?
It happens, every person on the planet is different and there are some of us that just can’t tolerate it. Thankfully there are a few things you can try. These won’t have all the same benefits as warm lemon water, but they will have a lot of benefits so always do the best you can and don’t worry about the rest!
You could try:
- Cold lemon water – sometimes the temperature makes all the difference.
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar instead of lemon – many of the same benefits, but a different flavor can help.
- 1-2 big cups of plain water, any temp – a lot of the benefits above come from the water itself and not necessarily the lemon, so if nothing else, make sure you are hydrating yourself well first thing in the morning!