Sometimes life just gets in the way. You have great intentions, you are going to eat well and cook unprocessed food for your family, but then suddenly it’s dinnertime and you have no idea what to cook. Sound familiar? If you are like me, you end up either eating cereal or ordering a pizza. But what if someone did all the heavy lifting for you? What if they handed you the recipes and the shopping list, and all the food was healthy, the recipes were easy and fast, and also delicious?
I have recently been given the opportunity to try eMeals, a meal planning program that does all the hard work for you. Here’s what I love about it so far:
- The food tastes good! I think this is the most important part, if the food doesn’t taste good then what’s the point? There is plenty of healthy food out there that is delicious, there is no reason to ever eat yucky food.
- The recipes are super fast to prepare. Most take 30 minutes or less from start to finish. (Some do require a little marinating time beforehand, but it clearly states that on the recipe and it’s super easy to throw some meat into a marinade.) I don’t know about you, but I’m a busy girl! The less time I have to spend in the kitchen, the better.
- The recipes are easy to follow. The eMeals people know they aren’t talking to fancy chefs, they are talking to your Average Joe who has never been to culinary school. They make it simple.
- The shopping list is easy to follow and grouped by sections in the grocery store. They really do try to make it as easy as possible, even down to getting you in and out of the store fast.
- They have several different programs to choose from depending on your dietary needs/desires. I chose the clean eating plan, of course.
Here are a couple of meals of theirs that we have tried:
Chili rubbed pork tenderloin: I know I said it up there, but this recipe was super fast and simple! I threw the rub together in a matter of minutes, rubbed it on the tenderloin, skewered the tomatoes with bay leaves in between, and shucked the corn. I gave it all to Marquis (also known as Grillmaster Extraordinaire) and within just a few minutes we were enjoying a delicious meal. I loved the flavor the bay leaves gave to the tomatoes, and apparently so did my 5-year-old, she ate so many of them! Did you know that pork tenderloin is one of the leanest meats out there? Even leaner than chicken breasts? It also doesn’t dry out as easily as chicken does on the grill. Yum!
Flank steak fajitas: It really doesn’t get easier than this. I threw the meat in the marinade earlier in the day and then Marquis grilled it up. I chopped all the veggies right before dinner and we served it on some tortillas that I had made previously. All those fresh veggies and the yummy steak made for the perfect summer meal.
Disclaimer: Although eMeals gave me the opportunity to try the program for free, all opinions expressed are my own.