When it comes to recipes, the words “quick” and “easy” are my favorites. And when that recipe is also something healthy, and delicious? Even better! Today I wanted to share with you a recipe from eMeals, because this baby has it all. I especially love that you can really load up on the vegetables, hooray for veggie power! And right now is a great time to try out eMeals, sign up for the two week free trial!
The recipe calls for fajita seasoning. You can find a great recipe for homemade fajita seasoning right here.
And without further adieu, let’s make some fajitas:
- 1-1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp fajita seasoning (see above for link to fajita seasoning recipe)
- ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced
- 2 large bell peppers (assorted colors), sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Fresh salsa
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with fajita seasoning, salt and pepper. Sauté chicken in hot oil 3 to 4 minutes or until browned; add ½ cup water, and simmer until liquid almost evaporates. Remove chicken from skillet, and keep warm.
- Add onion, bell peppers and tomatoes to skillet; sauté 5 minutes or until bell peppers are tender. Return chicken to skillet.
- Serve chicken mixture in tortillas with lime wedges and salsa.