Clean eating

5 Ways to Rock a Healthy Pregnancy

Hey Everyone!! I am Ashley from Whole Foods New Body! Emily was nice enough to ask me to do a Blog swap with her today to talk to you guys about 5 Ways to Rock a Healthy Pregnancy. This is a subject very near and dear to me right now because I am pregnant with my 3rd child! 🙂

To get things started….let me first say this….I am far from perfect and I don’t think perfection should ever be your goal when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. I try to live my life according to the 90/10 rule. 90% of the time I eat very clean, healthy foods and try to be as active as I can. That leaves 10% for a little wiggle room for a splurge or treat every now and then! This is my lifestyle. Not a diet!! By giving yourself that wiggle room….you are more likely to stick with living a healthier lifestyle.

My first pregnancy was NOT very healthy. I started out at an unhealthy weight and I ate pretty much whatever I could get my hands on. I definitely enjoyed the whole “eating for two” logic and it showed!!

I had a ton of swelling, dizziness, lethargy, aches, and pains and was fairly miserable the whole time!

{This was me in my last trimester with my first baby}

 

Luckily, after I delivered…I kicked into weight loss mode and I lost over 50 lbs. Now I didn’t do it the healthy way. I restricted my calories to a ridiculous amount and the weight came off. No….I didn’t feel good and although I was at a healthier weight….I was miserable.

Fast forward to my second pregnancy, I did much better this time around but I wasn’t active and I wasn’t eating healthy. The only thing that made this pregnancy better was that I started at a healthy weight.

Now let’s talk about where I am now!

Over the past year and a half I have completely changed my mindset on healthy eating. I no longer restrict calories, I added fitness into my life and I cut out processed food and added REAL food to my diet. What a huge difference this has made in the way I feel!! When I found out I was pregnant with baby #3…I knew this pregnancy would be different. I wanted to nurture my body with healthy food!!

Let me give you some tips on how I have done this:

BackNext

6 thoughts on “5 Ways to Rock a Healthy Pregnancy

  1. As I said on Ashley’s blog, I can certainly relate to this. I thought I ate fairly healthy my first pregnancy and was proud of myself for working out through my WHOLE pregnancy but I was worse off than the other three moms-to-be at the office who didn’t work out. It’s easy to make the excuse that you are eating for two and bad eating (if I admit it) isn’t made up with working out when you are pregnant. My goal this second time around is to do a turn-around like Ashley. Thanks for the encouragement!
    Julie Graham recently posted…Baby Rolling OverMy Profile

    1. You’re welcome! I was super unhealthy through both my pregnancies, and I regret it. That’s why I was so glad to have Ashley write this up for me! She is my hero and did such a good job!

  2. How did you do it during the first trimester with morning sickness? I am past that now but feel like I did not eat well at all the first 3 months because there were only a few things I could really keep down. Any advice for future pregnancies for me or for others going through morning sickness now?

  3. Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would enjoy your
    work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.
    fier de calcat recently posted…fier de calcatMy Profile

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.