You are in for a treat today! These Asian turkey cabbage cups are one of our favorites. Don’t let the long list of ingredients fool you, this recipe is super simple to toss together, which is a big part of why I love it! From start to finish it takes about 20 minutes tops. My kids get so excited when they hear we are making these, they can’t get enough!
Yum, yum, yum!
Two quick notes about this recipe. First, this is usually exactly enough to serve our family of 4, with a teeny bit left over for my husband’s lunch the next day. If you have big eaters or are feeding more people, double the recipe.
Second, I love to cook this in a 12-inch cast iron skillet, like this one. It is the perfect size! You can mix all the ingredients right in the skillet, which means only one pan to wash.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- Large Napa cabbage leaves (or butter lettuce leaves), rinsed and patted dry
- Raw sunflower seeds
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add ginger and turkey to pan.
- Cook until turkey is done, stirring frequently.
- Drain turkey and place in a large bowl.
- Add all ingredients except cabbage (or lettuce leaves) and sunflower seeds and combine well.
- Spoon turkey mixture into cabbage leaves and top with sunflower seeds.